Monday, April 27, 2009

Philosophical Musings - Part 2

Suddenly the world is full of meaning. A man yawns in the Mercedes next to me. What made him tired I wonder. Crossing the road, a mother pushes a baby in a pram. The baby kicks its feet with glee at the sight of a Golden Retriever. What brought on that joy? What does his future hold? His brain is a blank book with pages waiting to be written on.

As I bite into my organic Pink Lady apple, the cool crispness of it fills my mouth with a pleasant sensation. It is only 8 degrees outside, but the cool feeling on my lips and tongue thrill as they make me shiver.

I raise my eyes and look at the clouds above. How old is the sky? I see a palette of colours and shades. Shapes and forms come and go. A rabbit, a bear, a hand, a boat. Enormous structures made of nothing. Thick enough to block the sun, thin enough to let a plane pass through.

People are like clouds. They can be thick and strong enough to deflect and block the harshest of attacks. But sometimes they are pierced. Pierced through. Cut to the core. A simple word or a harsh act can destroy the calmest of hearts. With a landscape of flitting windblown grass, the mind can be stroked in many directions. Some good, some bad. Some positive, some negative.

We think that we control our mind. The reality is however, that we are controlled BY our mind. Our body is simply the puppet of the mind.


No comments: